HOW TO BECOME A VENDOR
- Carefully review the Mill Market Guidelines – available upon request from Manager
- Complete the appropriate Mill Market Vendor Application Form. We categorize our vendors into three distinct groups Primary Producers, Prepared Foods and Artisans. Return completed application via email to email@example.com or in person to the Mill Market Manager on any market day. Also complete the Algoma Public Health Application Form to be submitted directly to Algoma Public Health. The APH certificate must be displayed at the vendor booth.
- Please have all relevant paperwork available upon request. (Business licenses, confirmation of insurance, confirmation and compliance letters, safety and organic/ biodynamic/ transitional certifications).
- Vendor registrations will not be accepted on an ongoing basis. Completed applications must be received two (2) weeks before start of next season in order to be considered for the upcoming Season.
- Vendors who are approved for a space at Mill Market will be contacted by email with the approved items, dates, stall locations, and invoice.
We will do our best to accommodate all requests, though priority will be given to:
- Those Vendors whose products are locally raised, grown or produced
- Returning Vendors in good standing
- Those Vendors who indicate a long-term commitment
- Those Vendors whose applications align with Mill Market’s Values
MOBILE RETAIL UNITS – NEW!
Retail mobile units now available for businesses and entrepreneurs
Sault Ste. Marie, ON (2022 04 14) –City of Sault Ste. Marie is pleased to support Mill Market in accepting proposals from interested parties to rent and operate a retail mobile unit this Summer. Two retail units will be available at 35 Canal Drive and one will be available at the Clergue Park waterfront along the John Rowswell Hub Trail. The retail mobile units are a pilot project for Summer 2022 with proposed future locations within the downtown plaza in 2023.
“The units help to activate spaces and support local small businesses especially in the downtown. This could present a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to start-up and trial new or existing businesses that could then be established on a permanent basis,” said Tom Vair, Deputy CAO, Community Development and Enterprise Services. “The City would like to evaluate the performance of the mobile units and determine if an expanded number of containers are required in the future.”
The units are retrofitted container boxes used to create a “pop-up” market of food, beverage or retail shops. Retail mobile units offer a cost-effective and flexible approach to modern selling. The mobile units are part of a series of public realm improvement projects as part of the City’s ongoing Downtown Development Initiatives. Interested proponents must satisfy the requirements described in the “Specifications & Terms of Reference” section supplied within the request for proposal. It is anticipated that successful proponents will be operational by June 2022.
“The addition of the retail mobile unit to Mill Market will enhance the trail experience and popular tourist attractions in the area,” said Robert Pryor, Mill Market Manager. “Mill Market houses approximately 40 vendors inside the main building representing a variety of industries including farming, prepared foods and artisans. We are excited to be collaborating with the City in this innovative initiative.
Proposals for rental units will be accepted no later than May 7, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. Questions concerning the requirements or intent of the statements can be addressed Robert Pryor, Mill Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org